Escape From L.A.

We wrapped up our time in California by attending a group dinner with the MotoAmerica race control/safety crew. The restaurant was a bit different in that everyone ordered a plate and then the plates randomly showed up and were shared around the table.

img_0410

It was good but took a bit of time to get all of the food. You also felt like you never ate a full meal, just snacked.

We had planned on leaving the next day, but because we know somebody who knows somebody, we spent Friday at the Petersen Auto Museum. That was a treat, we were even given the vault tour of the vehicle either under restoration or just stored in the basement. The museum had a great collection of Ferraris, a few movie cars like the Batmobile and Herbie, and few motorcycles scattered in the many classic cars.

img_0420

Schumacher’s Ferrari

img_0425

img_0414

Magnum P.I.

img_0422img_0418

We wandered the museum for a long time, then made our way back to MotoAmerica HQ, hooked up the car to Ralphie, and at around 3:00 pm jumped straight into LA traffic. For the next three hours, we covered maybe fifty miles.  It wasn’t until after Palm Springs that we finally broke free of the traffic and were able to put in some miles.

We spent the night at a rest stop with the droning of a refrigerator truck next to us (never fails). In the morning we had a short thirty mile hop to Quartzite AZ. this normally sleepy little town in the desert transforms itself into a city with snowbirds, RV dealers, and junk vendors during the winter months.

img_0426

We spent Saturday and Sunday here and were able to meet up with Nathan and Marissa from the YouTube channel Less Junk More Journey. On Sunday we went to the RV Show and were glad that they did not charge admission. A good 90 percent of the vendors had nothing to do with RVs and the other 10 percent were more that ready to sell some product that was a solution to a problem that didn’t exist.

img_0433

Monday rolled around and we are off to Phoenix. After a hundred or so very windy miles we pulled up to my grandmother’s house. We stoped in to say hello then headed out to Lake Pleasant where we found a spot to park. We would have stayed closer, but we are too young and the RV parks are all 55+ age restricted. Turns out where we stayed has a great view and was very quiet.

img_0437img_0434

Tonight we’ll hang out with Randy and Heidi and do some quality control on Randy’s Scotch supply. Tomorrow we will head toward Tucson, AZ.img_0436

 

Stay tuned. . .

Advertisements

Categories: Uncategorized

Tagged as: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Gone With The Wynns

Gone With The Wynn’s is an unscripted tale of the quirky couple who traded in everyday life to satisfy their wear-out-your-shoes sense of adventure.

Bumfuzzle

Live Small, Venture Wide